Thursday, August 12, 2010

Recovery - Day 4

Other than the same itchy and tender neck, I feel great as far as the effects of the surgery go.  However, I was up until 3:00 am, wired like I had drunk coffee all evening. I had had NO caffeine since one cup in the morning.  I was able to go to bed at 3:00 only because I finally took some Benedryl.  I am very suspicious now about the only two things it could have been: the Bromelain or the Arnica Montana.  Both herbs can cause increased heart rate, which obviously can lead to insomnia, but I didn't experience any noticeable heart racing.

I am sick of this chin wrap!  This is only day 4 and it feels like it's been a week already.  I get a few teasing minutes of freedom when I shower and dry my hair, and then putting it back on makes me feel like the Man in the Iron Mask. 

One more aside: if you have peach fuzz on your face -- and most people do -- you might find the nylon of the mask extremely annoying as it rubs the fuzz the wrong way.  I finally resorted to using the Finishing Touch Hair Remover specifically designed for fine facial hair.  And no, it won't make it grow back thicker -- that it a myth.  Since I've done that, the wrap has not driven me nearly as crazy today.

No comments:

Post a Comment