Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Recovery - Day 3

Today I feel like a million bucks!  Other than a scratchy throat (which does feel bruised if you push on  -- which I don't), I feel completely myself.  I took my wrap off this morning long enough to clean my incisions with soap and water and put vaseline on them, as instructed, and I could tell my upper neck and under my jawline and chin was swollen.  But it doesn't look like fat.  It is very porportional and would look normal to anyone who had never seen me prior to surgery.  I have NO evident bruising anywhere, which seems odd.  I have been taking Bromelain and Arnica Montana as directed (beginning the Bromelain before surgery) and both are to help reduce swelling and bruising.  Apparently, they do help.

The only annoyance today is the band, as usual, and the ever persistent urge to scratch my incisions.  I wish they'd sell anti-itch vaseline.  Other than that -- so far so good! 

Oh, I also found out that the anti-nausea medicine (Phenergan) would have helped me avoid the terrible day I had yesterday.  So if you find yourself in pain enough to need the Vicodin, just take the Phenergan too and don't risk what happened to me.  Phenergan also helps you sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment